4/15/09

24

So, I'm 24 years old now and I have 2 things to say about it. I feel that at the age of 24 I have accomplished and done many things and also, I feel older and older everyday.

First part ... I have graduated Summa Cum Laude from SMSU in May of 07' with a degree in elementary ed (granted I don't have that teaching job, but I still have the degree :) ) I was married at the age of 22 in July 07' to the love of my life. August of 07' still 22 moved 3 hours away from our families and it was a good decision. December of 07' found out I was pregnant and had my first child at the age of 23! At the age of 24 and during the year of 2009, there are even more exciting things happening that I cannot delve into at the moment. Guess you better keep your eyes out for that blog to be coming in the future!! Gotcha all wondering now, don't I? That's good :)

Second part...why I feel old. There is this younger girl I work with and I just laugh at the stories she has to share, she's in her young 20's. I am not stereotyping by any means, it just makes me sit back and think, wow I have a whole new perspective on life now than I ever did before. I am attributing part of it to being a mother. Your life is never the same after you have a child, but I would not trade it for anything. It is the best job I could ever be given. Also, being the oldest of 4, my younger siblings are aging me. My brother Troy, recently got engaged! He seems too young to be getting married, but then I look back and realize I got engaged at the same age as him. His fiance is amazing and I am so excited for her to be a part of our family! The date is set for April 30, 2011 (I know I don't want to wait that long, but it's their decision). My brother, Trent, is graduating this year and going to college next fall at SMSU for el ed just like his big sister. It is such an honor to be able to offer the knowledge I have to him. Then there is Tanya who is becoming more and more of a woman everyday! She is growing up so fast! She is in 9th grade and I love her so much. She is more of a friend to me now than ever before! Don't know what I would do without her! Love you all!

I guess that's all I have for now. Be watching for "that" blog!

p.s. Good luck to my best friend Raquel on her boards!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Post "That" blog already, we (I) can't stand waiting any longer :) Thanks for the luck on my Board exams, I'll take all I can get.

Love you,
Raquel

Tessa said...

You are going to have to wait just a little bit longer haha! Love you!